Nearly 70% of all people asked if they want to quit smoking cigarettes say they want to kick the habit or cut back. That's a huge number.
All About Ecigarettes
Do you think strict regulation of electronic cigarettes is even warranted when ecigarettes can potentially cut tobacco-related deaths and illness? Current evidence suggests that there is a potential for tobacco smokers to at least reduce their health risks if electronic cigarettes are used in place of traditional tobacco cigarettes.
What are Ecigarettes?
Electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes for short, are battery-powered devices filled with liquid nicotine that is dissolved in a solution of water and propylene glycol (or Vegetable Glycerin)which all make up eJuice. Some ecigarettes look like real cigarettes, with a cylindrical tube, brown filter, and red-glowing tip. Others come in less conspicuous, darker colors to stainless steel and even hot pink.
How Do They Work?
Often termed "vaping," when you take a puff on the end of an ecigarette, a battery heats up the eJuice with a coil that gets red hot. Ejuice can contain nicotine and flavorings like fruits, menthols, and other sweets. The coil's heat creates a vapor that is then inhaled into the lungs. The end result is a sensation of smoke in the mouth and lungs without really smoking as you would with a tobacco cigarette.
Ecigarettes are rechargable, reusable and can be very affordable to much more customizable with higher end materials. Some come as a starter kit and some are sold as individual parts so you can put together a completely customized ecigarette that is totally unique.
The benefit of using ecigarettes as a nonsmoking aid can outweigh potential harms due to lack of tobacco and harmful carcinogens. Whether or not ecigarettes should be regulated, and how strictly, is currently debated by regulatory agencies around the world. Risks of using ecigarettes will be many times lower than the risks of smoking traditional tobacco researchers say. Aside from this, ecigarettes are environmentally friendly with less waste (like ashtrays and butts), reusable devices and materials that don't break down (or burn up.) They also can smell more pleasant with all the flavors you can try.
Are Ecigarettes a Gateway?
Some are saying that with everything that has been done to prevent a smoking addiction, all of it will be undermined by teenagers (or adults) to get into ecigarettes. However, it's very rare for a non-smoker to start vaping with an ecigarette. This further shows that ecigarettes should not be unnecessarily associated with the “gateway” term. No evidence has shown that the vapor produced by ecigarettes is harmful to users or bystanders in contrast to cigarette smoke. Additionally, nicotine can be controlled in the ejuice from low to high amounts to customize your tastes.
If you want to cut back on tobacco smoking or just are new to ecigarettes, but you don't know where to start, check out our starter kit department. They are a low cost and contain everything that you will need to start vaping.
Ecigarettes for Cutting Back or Quitting
Further researching has shown evidence that ecigarettes enable some users to quit smoking or reduce their consumption. There is evidence that ecigarettes can reduce smoking-related harm due to no tobacco, no chemicals, no carcinogens, more organic ingredients and natural appealing flavorings.
- Don't let children around your ecigarettes – ever.
- Don't start ecigarettes if you don't even smoke tobacco.
- Do read your instructions on proper use of an ecigarette.
- Do use protective cases or store your equipment and accessories in a safe place when not in use. We have plenty of cases, lanyards and holders in our accessories department.
Improper use and handling of ecigarettes is making 911 and poison control centers light up. The incoming ecigarette related calls are not from normal and recommended use.
What are Ejuices?
You must use ejuice to work your ecigarette. We sell them in a ton of fun flavors like peach, watermelon, bubblegum and even ”mocktails” to menthol and tobacco flavor. Some brands use completely artificial ingredients and additives and some are 100% organic. If you are new to the experience, choose a flavor you think you might enjoy like a fruit flavor. Then choose your nicotine strength. You might want to start low and work your way up.
There is no requirement to disclose the ingredients used or the validity of health and safety claims by manufacturers. However, ejuices we sell at ecig.com will have nicotine and are of a premium variety. Bottles are clearly labeled. We will never sell inferior ejuices as they can contain unnatural ingredients that can harm you.
The Upside to Ecigarettes
Unlike tobacco products, there are no current laws in effect prohibiting the use of ecigarettes in public places. For now, you can technically use them anywhere, however don't be annoying. The actions and the vapor still looks like you're smoking and not everyone will be up to speed on ecigarettes.
Positive Aspects of Vaping
- Some prefer to use an ecigarette over a Nicorette inhaler as a way of weaning themselves off tobacco and or nicotine. Studies show this was a more tolerable option.
- In a case study series, ecigarettes were found to help three study participants who all had a documented history of repeated failed attempts at smoking cessation, quit for at least 6 months.
- Some ecigarettes come with puff counters – this may be information someone needs to realize if they want to quit or not.
- Overall, most users of ecigarettes have either reduced tobacco use, or quit smoking altogether after using ecigarettes.
- No need for lighters or matches and with rechargeable batteries, the life of your device is extended more with no waste.
- Because they don't burn, there's no smoke, no carbon monoxide and no odor.
- You can control the strength of the nicotine from 0% (none) and up.